Student-athletes come together throughout the NCAA to make their voices heard on their campuses, in their conferences and nationally in all three divisions. Through Student-Athlete Advisory Committees at each of those levels, student-athletes offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect their lives on campus. At the campus level, SAACs promote communication between athletics administrators and student-athletes and represent the student-athlete voice within the athletics departments.
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is comprised of at least two student-athletes from each athletic team that will represent and voice the opinions of all Oglethorpe student-athletes. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect the lives of student-athletes on the Oglethorpe campus. A president, vice president and secretary/treasurer will be elected by the committee members and will serve two-year terms.
The SAAC serves several primary purposes:
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure
- Solicit student-athlete response to proposed NCAA legislation
- Recommend potential NCAA legislation
- Review, react and comment to the governance structure on legislation, activities and subjects of interest
- Actively participate in the administrative process of athletics programs and the NCAA
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
- Support the campus and conference community through community outreach efforts, with a primary focus on the NCAA Division III SAAC and Special Olympic Partnership
Oglethorpe SAAC Mission Statement
The mission of SAAC Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting leadership opportunities, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
2017-18 Oglethorpe SAAC Executive Board
Rebecca Spry, President
Caleb Feibus, Vice President
Katie Hanley, Secretary
Hava Stenn, Historian
Nicolette Andrey, Historian
Cindy Vaios, Senior Woman Administrator
Kat Frisby, Assistant Women's Basketball Coach